everybody must be fingerprinted....

I wonder when the FBI will start fingerprinting those million illegal aliens that cross the border every year.....or the 10-11 million illegals already here...?

can you spell "police-state".......

shockwaveriderz

Why yes, yes I can.

Reply to
Eradicate Sampson

I have been saying police state for a long time.

I cited specifics each time.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

What "specifics" are you referring to?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Both my thumbs get really chewed up/rough from time to time, to the point I doubt that anyone could get a decent positive ID off a thumbprint. This could cause me serious difficulty whenever the police state begins requiring thumbprints on drivers' licenses. Which will no doubt be soon.

I will, however, offer for use the middle finger on my right hand, which was caught in a door when I was a child and has a very distinctive print pattern as a result. Then whenever anyone demands my identifying print I will gladly extend the appropriate finger... :-)

+McG+
Reply to
kmcgrmr

Both my thumbs get really chewed up/rough from time to time, to the point I doubt that anyone could get a decent positive ID off a thumbprint. This could cause me serious difficulty whenever the police state begins requiring thumbprints on drivers' licenses. Which will no doubt be soon.

I will, however, offer for use the middle finger on my right hand, which was caught in a door when I was a child and has a very distinctive print pattern as a result. Then whenever anyone demands my identifying print I will gladly extend the appropriate finger... :-)

+McG+
Reply to
kmcgrmr

Sieg Heil !

Reply to
nitram578

why do I get the sneaking suspcion that eventually the only people NOT fingerprinted will be the 10-11 milion illegal aliens in this country? why is it we can put a man on the moon but we can't control our own borders?

The other night on the national TV news they did one of those, "poor illegal alien" stoires about how we have been catching so many that there wasn't enough illegal migrant farm workers to pick our fruits and vegatiables.... HEY! I got an idea.... those 2 million people we got locked up for smoking pot? lets put them to work in the fields.....

Hey! I got anothe ridea!... lets pay people to roam the border with special pellet rifles and whenver you see somebody crossing illegaly you shoot them and you embed an unique rfid tag into their bodies..... later we can track them by satellite and just pick them up and thrown them out....of course, until they come back for the 2nd,3rd,4th,5th,6th,7th,8th, ad infinum.......

wheres the Berlin Wall when you need it ?

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

What he said.

Bob Kaplow

Should we sing this to the tune "Everybody must get stoned" ?

Reply to
AlMax

MSNBC Wrote: Could you imagine if you're the trucking company and you didn't have this ability and had a person employed, and had no idea that they're the next terrorist?"

I can see this extened to:

Could you imagine if you're the xyz widget company and you didn't have this ability and had a person employed, and had no idea that they're the next terrorist?"

so soon every company will background check their employees.

anyone remember the movie Philidelphia Experiment II ?

the billboards will shout to us, Replicate, Suplicate, Educate etc... while we are RFIDed into the working plants.

Reply to
AlMax

I agree with the sentiments, but all joking aside, I worked with a guy for about a year, who DID end up being a terrorist (he was arrested shortly after 9/11). We were ALL shocked -- but it was pretty clear-cut. Everyone knew he was from the Middle East, but he was 'friendly' and 'competent', so of course he "couldn't be a terrorist".

Again, I'm not advocating the fingerprinting antics, just pointing out that as outlandish as it might seem that the guy working next to you might be a terrorist, they're working next to SOMEONE!

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

Well, *someone* wins the lottery, but the odds are still against it being anyone you work with.... You just got "lucky".

And the odds are still greater that you will be struck by lightning than that the person you work next to is a terrorist, or will win the lottery....

- Rick "Or will be a terrorist who wins the lottery" Dickinson

Reply to
Rick Dickinson

exactly....!

shockie B

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

I missed getting hit by lightning by about 5 feet at the age of 5. A tree 20 feet behind me was blown apart when I was 11. I watched a power transformer being blown apart from about 100 feet away at the age of

  1. The good news is that the lightning is getting farther away as I get older... Granted, that's not 'quite' the same as getting directly hit, but considering that California isn't known for thunderstorms, I don't actually consider the 'getting hit by lightning' cliche to hold terribly much water.

Not trying to be argumentative, just pointing out that these things DO happen, and terrorists DO work around 'normal' people (not inferring that I'm normal, though).

It's kind of like the discussions about 'telepathy' the revolve around those times when you think about a friend and they call on the phone -- if you actually stop to realize how often (even if subconsciously) you think about friends/acquaintances, even if only briefly, the odds are that every so often you will have 'just' thought about someone when they call. Just because the odds are high, doesn't make them impossible!

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

Most do now (as of circa 1990).