soccer moms must die!

I'm taking time of from that. Just sit in the corner and dream up exclusive clubs that only you and a select few of your friends can join.

You've made an effort to do some positive things lately but you are still a weenie.

Phil

Reply to
Phil Stein

Don't worry jerry, He can't hold a candle up to your rmr exploits.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

thanks for the back handed compliment.... I'm happy to see you have been taking your doctors advise and taking your meds.... but you are still a suckin black hole......

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

yesterday I wan't in the mood to get into a pissing contest with you ( I was mellowed out watching NFL football) but today I am.. comments inline.

shockie B)

as opposed to your adult pedantic response?

The only lack of tolerance I have as far as opinions that I disagree with, was your earlier attempt to say that G.Harry Stine was a hypocrite becuase he once may have done AR/EX prior to his Rock-A-Chute days..... In your world, I guess a person who chnages their mind due to new information or some ephipany, they are a hypocrite if they change their minds about something. Is it possible that G.Harry even when he was doing AR/EX had some safety issues with it? And of course, both G.Harry and Orv, when making the hand packed Bp Rock-A-Chutes were doing AR/EX.. For you history buffs I might add that Vern Estes produced the first "machine" made motors on his Mabel-1 in January 1959. SO from that date on Orv and G.Harry had no need to hand make rock-a-chutes anymore. Also G.Harry and Orv had the hand-made rock-a-chutes tested and okay as toy propellant devices in early to mid

1958.

Its sorta like JI among others that say that both G.Harry and Orv Carlisle purchased George James book , and therefore he is the "father of model rocketry".. If you did any research into the past you will see that for a long time , the term model rocket ALSO was applied to amateur rockets..... so when George James uses the words model rocket plane, he means MODEL rocketplane not MODEL ROCKET plane.. and also MODEL rocketplanes have a history that dates back to at least 1908 where in germany they would use sky rocket BP motors to boost MODEL rocket planes into the air. Now nobody today would ever consider these MODEL ROCKET planes. Nobody would consider these boost gliders. and nobody would consider sky rocket engines model rocket motors, even if used in a model rocket. ( G.Harry did try this once by the way....)Thats why G.Harry originally called the NAR Model Missiles ASN and his company Model Missiles, and NOT Model Rockets as model rockets were asscoiated with amateur rocketry.

Did you know that the people who originally founded the ARS were AR/EX people? But as they became a commercial entity they changed their minds and the ARS was the leading proponent against AR/EX. And who was the ARS: the leading professionl rocketry people and companies of the day. Werner von Braun was a member of the ARS wen they started to demonize AR. G.Harry was also a member of the ARS at this time. In the beginning, WVB was doing AR/EX.... Did you know the ARS became the AIAA in 1963? Do you even know who or what the AIAA is? DId you know that it wasn't until the mid to late 60's that the AIAA finally gave model rocketry a thumbs up? SO they just didn't object to Ar they also objected to model rocketry in its first 10 years... and they represent professional rocketry people... I guess they are all hypocrites too...

One thing I have learned in my research into the past of model rocketry, is that people reacted to G.Harry in one of two ways: either they loved him or they hated him. There was no middle ground. Theres no doubt that he started MMI and the MMA for economic self-interests. But would any of us have done differently. I would submit that most of us are motivated by economic self-interest. Theres also no doubt that G.Harry was a shameless self-promoter for G.Harry Stine. I would submit that he had valid reasons for doing so.... remember folks, there might not be any model rocketry or hpr today, if G.Harry hadn't been a "personality" that knew important people by name and could goto the top, if necessary to get things done.

when I first got back into rocketry 3-4 years ago, I had a problem with both AR and HPR. I will admit, I thought really bad of both... I just dodn't "get it". Wll over the past 3-4 years, talking with people here and in person has allowed me to become educated, and so now I'm all for HPR and AR/EX. SO since I received new information and changed my pov about AR/EX/HPR does that make me a hypocrite? Or does that make me a human being who after receiving new information, I adjusted my pov appropriately?

I have never attempted to portay myself as "some sort of hero" for the cause... Alot of my views run completelty contarty to established NAR/TRA policy.

jealous?

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

Reply to
Phil Stein

What a weenie!!! One thing Jerry was right about - you.

Reply to
Phil Stein

Yeah, right.

That'll happen right after I line up to buy something from irvine, join PETA and vote for Hillary Clinton.

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

well at least we agree on 3 things.....

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

This is typical of any field that exists - you are at the mercy of its owners.

I fly model sailplanes as well. Finding a place to fly the big ones out to their full potential is very difficult, just like rockets. I just hate when the large fields out in the boonies are grabbed when the smaller fields in populated areas are ignored. You can play soccer right next to a highway in the center of a town. Rockets and airplanes do not share the same ability.

Demographics and perception are against us. Who is going to deny thousands of kids a field in favor of a bunch of old guys flying airplanes or rockets. Too bad we're mostly white males . It seems like a tasty monetary compensation to boot.

Maybe the recourse is to find a better field for the soccer players and make it sound more attractive than this field. It is business after all and if you do not counter-propose, there is nothing to compare the original deal to.

BTW, I do not wish anyone dead, but soccer should go back to Europe. In the US, footballs have points at either end.

My humble opinions and sarcasm.

Reply to
Thomas Koszuta

I knew G. Harry personally. (Bow and pray) I saw him operate at meetings. He was an intentional hypocrite as a tool for forwarding his agenda.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Sucks to admit it, eh?

:)

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

...and he didn't like you one bit!

so the choice is G.Harry as a hypocrite or JI as a intentional thief/serial liar and cheat?

and you're just, well, a TOOL...trying to forward your agenda. hahahahhahahhha

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

It's easy when the conclusion is so obvious. 8-)

Reply to
Phil Stein

Hardly in bad taste at all. I would submit that soccer is a yuppie game forced on the kids by their politically correct parents. As evidence I offer the behavior of American kids. When left to make their own choices, how many of them will start a pick-up soccer game? I see plenty of them tossing a football or a baseball, and right outside my home at this very minute the local kids are shooting some hoops. They skateboard, ride bikes, sled, play tennis, play street hockey, and play video games. Some of them even fly rockets. But I have yet to see the neighbor kids start a soccer game.

Bill Sullivan

"Don't overestimate the decency of the human race." H. L. Mencken

Reply to
The Rocket Scientist

You are right

Coming to the launch Sunday?

Phil Stein

Reply to
Phil Stein

Amen brutha!

Ted 'former bantam hockey coach' Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Reply to
tdstr

The only reason kids play soccer is so they won't have to watch it.

Mario

Reply to
Mario Perdue

HaHa, nice cliche.

I will call you clueless then.

American football sux. I'll watch a kids soccer game long before I'll turn to the nfl.......what a joke.

And when the World Cup rolls around, well hell, it's nirvana. BTW, there are pickup soccer games every night of the week around here, and now pickup Lax games-the too damn cool game.......face it. Stay high and mighty and you'll continue to be refused and looked at as...well the way you should. Those with half a brain have no problem finding spaces. But it seems the same people always have the same problem. Why might that be?

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

I've watched some of the riots that follow soccer matches around the world so I choose to remain clueless. I can understand it though, if I had to watch an entire soccer game I'd be ready to kill someone too.

Mario

Reply to
Mario Perdue

LOL!!!