Don't use the transporter for the next few days

G5 storm.
ffffffzzzzzzzzzzztt
Don't touch any pipelines with your tongue. "hundreds of amps". (You may want to
run an
extension cord to your Delorean and save the plutonium).

If you lose power or radio contact, I suggest a little light reading. Perhaps
the short
story "Inconstant Moon" by Larry Niven? (It was an Outer Limits episode a few
years ago
with Michael Gross starring.
Feel free to report aurora sightings (if you still have power).
-Fred Shecter NAR 20117
--
""Remove "zorch" from address (2 places) to reply.
Reply to
Fred Shecter
Yep, what Fred said!
And, a special "shout out" to all you implant users!
Like me, I'm sure you're extremely concerned about the high influx of radiation, and how it will affect your communications with the Imperious Leader on Zebutan. There will be periods of communication blackout, and you may find that you are experiencing other symptoms such as, but not limited to: dry, flaky skin, drowsiness, insomnia, rectal, or nasal itching, a large, pulsating, vein covered protrubance on your head at the location of the implant, deadly rays eminating from your eyes (please, look down at all times), uncontrollable urge to grab the neares... well, you get the picture.
To alleviate these symptoms, and to survive the G5 storm without having to reload firmware (we all know how much of a pain *that* is, now dont we?), please, please, use your tinfoil hat.
Site is slow to respond due to the massive number of implantees hitting it currently..
Tod "nuqDaq 'oH puchpa''e' ... NOW!" Hilty
Reply to
hiltyt
Who's responsible for this? I'm gonna sue somebody. This is outrageous! It might affect my XM radio. There should be laws against this kind of deviant act. Is this the result of some kind of rocketry activity? testing large, fast motor igniters? huge ejection charges? LAWS! LAWS! I want to see legislation against this right now!
8-)
-- Eric Benner TRA # 8975 L2 NAR # 79398
Reply to
Eric Benner
I thought the Imperious Leader was on Cylon?
Randy
Reply to
Randy
Disinformation.
We found that it was easier (when our cover was compromised back in the 70's) to provide the citizens of Earth with a sci-fi television show that utilized a bunch of poofy haired 70's stars, and neat new words such as "frack", and "feldercarb", rather than allow them to learn the truth.
You, Mr. Randy (*IF* that is in fact your real name) were just one of the duped...
Now, the new release on the Sci-Fi Channel this fall will only further our nefarious plans...
BWAHAHAHAHA!
tah
Reply to
hiltyt
Better than discommendation.
Shazbot! Danged Lucifer! I knew Baltar should never have put a copper top battery in him!
HA! Not to worry. We have Spaceman Spiff on our side! He will deal with your ilk! (Provided you don't invade after his bed time)
HA! Again! We also have experiment 626! (Stitch) He can lift 3000 times his own weight, think faster than super computer and see in the dark. He'll wreck your cities, reverse street signs and steal all of your citizens left shoes! Not to mention eat everything in sight.
Neega enla kru eestaa! On ALL of your planet!
Randy
Reply to
Randy
Is this the Zebutanese transporter?
Doug
Reply to
Doug Sams
GAAAA!!! ANOTHER ONE!!!
Hell, screw the tin foil hats! Just spend the next week in your Airstream, and make sure it's properly grounded with at least 16 psychotronic rods!
Tod "Wow, the sun's really cookin' away out there, eh?" Hilty
Reply to
hiltyt
No. That's my personal "re-entry heatsheild" for when me, and Chris Taylor "launch ourselves" in order to retrieve the final plans for earth domination from LEO...
Chris is providing the transportation... He said something about FTL, Grrr, and Jerry motors... dunno...
Tod "I can't believe you still have that, Sams!" Hilty
Reply to
hiltyt
This could interrupt military communications. Sounds like a terrorists plot to me !
Reply to
John Karpich
Humor aside, is there any cause for concern regarding how this storm might might affect the ISS? I assume that it is designed to take such a storm into account, since there have been even some larger coronal mass ejections observed in the past, although they didn't head in earth's direction.
John Marvin snipped-for-privacy@fc.hp.com NAR 75392 L2
Reply to
John Marvin
Based on:
Yesterday would've been a "bad day" for an EVA, as would today. SEC/NOAA stated an S4 yesterday with a possible S3 today. It would appear that if you "stay inside" you're protected. That really doesn't explain "commercial jets at high latitudes" though.
100 chest x-rays?! Ouch.
Tod "too cloudy here last night to see auroras" Hilty
Reply to
hiltyt