Estes Honest John with 54mm MMT ;-)

I have started construction of my Estes Honest John.
I made some slight modifications to the plans though.
Built it dual deployment/ 54mm MMT.
And I made fiberglass fins using the vacuformed ones as a mold.
Here is a link:

Robert DeHate
I posted a couple more pictures, one of a fin and someo of the ebay.
RDH8
Reply to
Robert DeHate
You da man!!!!! ;) -Rich
Robert DeHate wrote:
Reply to
Rich Pitzeruse
Very cool. I am just about finished a 54mm Estes Big Daddy. I used carbon fiber in the nose cone, inside the body tube and on the outside of the fins. I replaced the balsa fins with aircraft plywood. The timer and parachute will go in the nose cone of my rocket.
What motor are you planning to use? My Big Daddy is going to fly on a CTI J210. I'll likely fly it a few times on something a bit smaller.
I am working on an NCR Bomarc with the intention of a 38mm motor. I'm glad to hear about your techniques for re-inforcing the fins. I plan to use carbon inside the fins and wings on the Bomarc. I already have the carbon cut for the body tubes.
I'll keep an eye out for updates.
Thanks!
Len B
Reply to
Len Bryan
Well it was designed to fit either the Pro38 6G or the AMW 54/1050. So either the J330 or the J450.
Will I be at a field big enough to support the altitude? Dont know, but if I am it will go. When I get the final weight I can see what I can stuff into it. All I know is that it wont fly on the D12 like the box sayes ;-)
RDH8
Reply to
Robert DeHate
ROTFLMAO