EX Motor question

Has anybody considered curing APCP under heat and vacuum/pressure? how much vacuum/pressure? I understand vacuum mixing......what about "pressing" at a known pressure to cure at a specific material density? wouldn't this technique get rid of voids? increasing material density would result in a much "harder" surface? should increase the propellant burn characteristics? ANybody done any experimental work in these areas?

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

Vacuum casting IS the way to go. It eliminates voids and maximizes density.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

You vacuum before you pack. This still increases density.

Reply to
Stephen Corban

I vacuum while I cast. It works very well.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

How do you go about that??? Are you using a pourable propellant?

Reply to
Stephen Corban

It "flows" rather than pours.

Reply to