Farewell, John Stewart of the Paisley Rocketeers Society

I posted something about this in uk.tech.rocketry, and thought I'd post here too.

John Stewart, of the Paisley Rocketeers Society, died peacefully this Easter Monday afternoon.

John was one of the founders of UK rocketry in the 20th Century. He will be fondly remembered, and sadly missed. This year would have been the 70th Anniversary of the Paisley Rocketeers Society.

Regards,

Kevin Cave.

Reply to
Kevin Cave

Isn't that the oldest rocket club in the world, from Scotland?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

No jerry, the Chinese had rockets long before the Scottish.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Reply to
Roy Green

Do they have a "declared" rocket club?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I believe that is the case. I last saw John at last year's IRW. Still competing in the Aquajet competition.

Reply to
Init 6

I am very sorry to hear that. I never had the privilege of meeting John, but our NAR section's secretary corresponded with him a number of times over the years. He was also featured in Sport Rocketry and its predecessors a number of times. I'd have to go magazine-hunting at home, but I distinctly recall a picture of John with some of his multi-stage Aquajet rockets from sometime in the past 15-20 years.

Mark Johnson NAR Trustee, retired

Reply to
Mark Johnson