Fully Assembled Rocket Motors: SU-FARM ®©

Does this mean that ANY Fully Assembled Rocket Motor can be purchased now without a LEUP? By ANY I mean exactly that: ANY SU-FARM? I don't know what the largest SU_FARM is avilable off the top of my head...... I sure hope AT will take advantage of this ruling to crank out some large amounts of SU-FARM for sale?

SU-FARM ®© is a registered trademark and copyright of shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

If what the Judge says is law, you could conceivably buy a Pro150, O motor as an exempt PAD apparently as they come from the factory here assembled. Not that we would necessarily do that. In the past, some notable critics of the Pro 38 and 54, 1.4C systems have taken the position that those reloads were assembled units and didn't qualify for the 62.5 gram in a baggie, "easy access" thing. In essence, these are single use motors according to them. I guess they may have been right. ;-)

Anthony J. Cesaroni President/CEO Cesaroni Technology/Cesaroni Aerospace

887-2370 x222 Toronto (410) 571-8292 Annapolis

Reply to
Anthony Cesaroni

AT makes wonderful motors. any AT RMS motor in a case is a FARM.

it does not have to be Single use. you are adding that requirement for some reason.

Want a AT K motor, have it given to you in a case.

Pro38s are already assembled in PAD form, no need to get into that, they just are.

also, for your single use needs,

has many of these in the dealers hands I been seing the last few weeks at launches.

FARM is a registered trademark of others, and can't be combinded into other marks without a legal issue happening.

Reply to
almax

I know Pro38 are FARMS, but how can a RMS that I have to assemble from a reload kit be a FARM. It seems to me it would not be a FARM until it was Fully Assembled.....obviously while it is in KIT form its disassembled....or at best only partially assembled .... that would make it a DARM or DisAssembled Rocket Motor or a PARM a Partially Assembled Rocket Motor....

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

Nope.. Pro38 reloads are not FARMS.. Seems they still need a case and a bit of assembly! If that's not the case, please insert the reload into a bird, sans case, and fire it! (be sure to get a video as it would be funny!) "Gee.. If only I assembled the motor using a case, my bird wouldn't have been torched, and that nasty ground fire wouldn't have happened! Maybe the reload I got wasn't "fully assembled" after all!

disassembled....or

Reply to
AZ Woody

note, I said have it given to you in a case. that's sometimes easy for many launchs, but not all.

also, in all kinds of reloadable pads and PAITs, the reload components are also exempt in the trades. so, like Andy & Ray said, reloads kits are part of the PAIT ccomponets and are exempt also.

I guess it would also not take much to make RMS kits more Prolike, just add cost.

disassembled....or

Reply to
almax

almax...

So now "Fully assembled Rocket Motors" are not ony PADs but also PAIT's!

Gosh... TRA/NRA could have saved a bunch in legal fees if they'd only asked you first!

Ok.. So I hand a vendor a case, he/she inserts grains etc, and hands me back a K550 "PAD".. I fire the motor, and it CATOs bad.. It does the "SBC/Yahoo" "ad" thing and strikes a car. Isn't the vendor then also responsible for damage? Seems the vendor may want to increase insurance coverage for his/her business!

(if you've never seen a rocket do real damage to a car, you've never been to a big launch (I mean big birds), or haven't heard stories from those who have!) (my "most extreme" was the first PlasterBlaster. I was darn glad that I was prepping a bird 1000' away from the flight line! I think Ray lost a few hairs on that one!)

Reply to
AZ Woody

I guess you know more then the maker of them Woody.

Reply to
almax

Woody, please go find a hobby

Reply to
almax

I know that the NAR/TRA BOT/BOT was there and has more info than others, including CTI! I know that "we" spent a whole bunch of money for lawyers, and do hold their views above yours or CTI's! I do know that you are getting frustrated and throwing as hissy fit!

Plonk!

Reply to
AZ Woody

Woody, do you ask these kinds of questions everytime someone says, "Let's cross the street"? I can imagine you replying, "If we cross here, would it be considered jaywalking? Since there's no crosswalk painted at intersections in residential areas, doesn't that mean we can't cross the street at all without jaywalking? If you drove across the street, wouldn't that violate the spirit of the law? What if we had an escort, would the escort be required to have a street-crossing permit? Would the escort need insurance?" Etc, etc.

You're way too worried about things that aren't even a problem yet. If you have a LEUP, you're covered no matter what. If you don't have a LEUP, the ATF doesn't even know you or your reloads exist. Yes, the ATF may decide that reloads for PADs are still regulated, but until they do there's no reason not to treat them as unregulated. Despite all the FUD and handwringing, the worst case is, if someone's selling PAD reloads and the ATF thinks they shouldn't, they'll just tell them to stop. Until then, you're just getting worked up over nothing and stirring up a lot of hysteria. We had enough of that with the HSA FUD that ARSA whipped up.

Reply to
RayDunakin