google print

I was playing a round with the new google print

)which allows you to view books online and I stumbled across a book titled:

Duh! "The stupid history of the human race..." and found this while doing a search on model rocket:

"it doesn't take a hugh federal bureaucracy to accomplish something really dumb. Even the local school board can manage the deed.

a 13 yr old Arizona boy was inspired to build a model rocket after seeing the movie October Sky, the strory of NASA rocket scientist Homer Hickman. The boy took his rocket, made out of a potato-chip cannister and fueled with

3 match heads, to school. School officials classified the rocket as a weapon and suspended the boy for the rest of the year, based on the Zero-tolerance weapons policy."

I guess they never heard of amateur rocketry huh?

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

Do they say when and where (what city in AZ) this happened?

Reply to
bit eimer

bit nope sorry..

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

"bit eimer" wrote in news:55waf.564$zu6.399@fed1read04:

One google search later: Thirteen-year-old David Silverstein, a seventh-grader who was suspended for the rest of the school year for bringing a homemade rocket to Desert Sky Middle School, has caught the attention of scientists, a Ph.D. from the Jet Propulsion Laboratory and just plain folks who were surprised that school officials would take such drastic measures.

...as discussed in this newsgroup back in March 1999.

Reply to
GD

Perhaps what we really need is a zero tolerance policy for government stupidity, and government corruption. Best solution would be to make it a capital offense.

-- Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)!

Reply to
Bob Kaplow