google print

I was playing a round with the new google print (http://www.print.google.com/ )which allows you to view books online and I
stumbled across a book titled:
Duh! "The stupid history of the human race..." and found this while doing a search on model rocket:
"it doesn't take a hugh federal bureaucracy to accomplish something really dumb. Even the local school board can manage the deed.
a 13 yr old Arizona boy was inspired to build a model rocket after seeing the movie October Sky, the strory of NASA rocket scientist Homer Hickman. The boy took his rocket, made out of a potato-chip cannister and fueled with 3 match heads, to school. School officials classified the rocket as a weapon and suspended the boy for the rest of the year, based on the Zero-tolerance weapons policy."
I guess they never heard of amateur rocketry huh?
shockie B)

Do they say when and where (what city in AZ) this happened?
--
...The Bit Eimer NAR 84054 L1
"My goal in life is to be the kind of person my cat thinks he is"

One google search later: Thirteen-year-old David Silverstein, a seventh-grader who was suspended for the rest of the school year for bringing a homemade rocket to Desert Sky Middle School, has caught the attention of scientists, a Ph.D. from the Jet Propulsion Laboratory and just plain folks who were surprised that school officials would take such drastic measures.
...as discussed in this newsgroup back in March 1999.

Perhaps what we really need is a zero tolerance policy for government stupidity, and government corruption. Best solution would be to make it a capital offense.
-- Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)! <<< Kaplow Klips & Baffle:    http://nira-rocketry.org/Document/MayJun00.pdf www.encompasserve.org/~kaplow_r/ www.nira-rocketry.org www.nar.org
It had become an universal and almost uncontroverted position in the several States, that the purposes of society do not require a surrender of all our rights to our ordinary governors; that there are certain portions of right not necessary to enable them to carry on an effective government, and which experience has nevertheless proved they will be constantly encroaching on, if submitted to them; that there are also certain fences which experience has proved peculiarly efficacious against wrong, and rarely obstructive of right, which yet the governing powers have ever shown a disposition to weaken and remove. Of the first kind, for instance, is freedom of religion; of the second, trial by jury, habeas corpus laws, free presses. -- Thomas Jefferson