How thick is the thrust ring on a Pro38 reload ?

Trying to achieve as much accuracy in the RockSim simulation of my 5.5x Streak upscale as I can could some kind soul post the thickness of the thrust ring on the Pro38 H143SS or H153 ? Based on the drawings at the Pro38 home page I'm currently using 6mm but would really like to be able to specify the correct thickness.

Thanks !

John

Reply to
John Bonnett

AlMax

these groups make me do things I never would think of.

My dial caliper shows .375512743467 inches

Reply to
AlMax

Agree with weight.... But.............Design may call for a perfect fit of various components......not longer, not shorter but spot on!!! Most of my rockets do.

Cheers..

Reply to
CJC

Wow...that's 9.5380236840618mm and here I'd been using 6.0mm not having an H reload laying around until my certification flight...now I'm up to a whopping

1.100956478 calibers of stability. Who knew ?

:-)

Thanks, AlMax !

John

Reply to
John Bonnett

I don't understand why ?

that differance won't matter that much for stability in real flight.

what's your diameter ?

Reply to
AlMax

I am fully amused by this conversation.

If you assume a +- 10% error on EVERY factor, you very nearly approximate reality in consumer rockets.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Bad design rules.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

John said he was using 6mm in sim. Actual length was 9.54mm....Or close enough......... That's a diff of 3.54mm or 59% Bit different to 10%

Reply to
CJC

Why??? It works for me???

Reply to
CJC

Glad you finally find something amusing..... :-)

Reply to
CJC

On all Pro38 reloads it is 3/8" inch (0.375) wide by 1-5/8" (1.625) in OD. Designed to fit in standard retainers.

Mike Dennett Cesaroni Technology Incorporated

Reply to
Mike Dennett

You owe me a new keyboard. That has to be the funniest thing I've seen in a while.

For those who don't get the joke, dial calipers have graduations that go down to 0.001". While you could probably interpolate between graduations to get a somewhat "iffy" additional decimal place of precision, it's absolutely hilarious to specify something measured with a dial caliper to 13 decimal places. You're exceeding the possible accuracy and precision of your measuring device by a factor of about ten billion.

Even a micrometer with a vernier scale will only read down to the nearest 0.0001", and micrometers are more accurate and more precise than calipers.

- Rick "Call it 3/8" and be done with it" Dickinson

Reply to
Rick Dickinson

What's even funnier is how you give out the truth to within +-100%

Reply to
Phil Stein

Yea do like Jerry does in his kits. What are they Jerry +-25%?

Reply to
Phil Stein

Yep, I interpolated using the BOMAR industries calibrated eyeball purchased out of my 1974 Model Rocketeer's back page.

Reply to
AlMax