[F-FT] Question on Apogee Medalist motors

For the Apogee Medalist motors, which do folks use 'most', or what is the ratio of S/M/L delay engines that you use/purchase?

For example, would you use 2 short delay, 3 medium delay, and 1 long delay motor in your normal 'launching ratios'?

I haven't used these before, and because they're a bit pricey, I'd like to optimize my purchase.

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

Generally endburners need short for sport rockets and medium to long for competition rockets.

On the 29mm G008 for example sales were:

1: 4 2: 0 3: 8 longshot
Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Hi David.

these are pricy because they are mostly used for competition use, as certified slow burners.

I would buy them according to the competition needs you might have in the next year.

short delays for boost gliders and med-long delays for altitude or duration.

if eggs are involved, you probably want a med, if no eggs, use a long.

YMMV , but this should keep you in the ball park.

use other motors for sport flying, these prices are for the competition factor.

one caviate to that would be if you fly lots of RC BGs , I know some BG flyers stock up on the E6s alot.

Reply to
AlMax

Except that they lost contest certification a couple of years ago and will lose their general use certification at the end of this year.

Unless Apogee does something to change things.

Reply to
David Schultz

I'm sure they will soon.

Reply to
AlMax

Considering they could have submitted samples at any time in the past three years, and didn't, it seems they do not have samples either to deliver and maintain contest cert OR to resubmit cert samples.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine