L2 test question-pool - clustering BP and AP

I'm well aware. Next time I upgrade my home stereo stuff, there will probably be some vacuum tubes there. I've lusted for the CAL vacuum tube CD players ever since I heard their original model back in the late 80s.

Bob Kaplow

My 4" dia. upscaled Der Red Max has a 2x24mm + 1x29mm and has boosted successfully on (2)E9-Ps and (1)G80-7T in the central mount. It flew twice with that configuration and both times I had instant ignition with all 3 motors igniting successfully.

"If" you are attempting a cluster of AP/BP and aren't planning on airstarting the BP, I would *only* use a Blue Thunder or other quick-to-ignite AP formula.

Unfortunately the G80's casing had a burn-through on its final flight which negated any ejection. :(

Here are some pictures of the boost courtesy of Mr. Karl Simpson and Ray of TRF:

Just after ignition -

Midflight with nice Blue Thunder flame -

bit eimer wrote:

Reply to
eugenefl

Surely if you can fit 2x24mm you could fit at least 4x24mm (in addition to the central MMT)- its a 4" tube, you could cluster 29mm motors in that! Anything like a single 29mm MMT in a 4" tube just seems silly to me :)

Nice photos BTW :)

Reply to
Niall Oswald

It has. Ever since the FCC turned testing over to volunteer exam coordinators and examiners (licensed amateurs) in the 1980s, the question pools for each class get reviewed and updated every three years. Of course there is still a lag in implementing what is relevant, but it is much better than it used to be!

Reply to
Tad Danley