Li'l Johnny Outhouse

I'm figuring on sending up my Li'l Johnny Outhouse in a couple weeks. I've named it 'Brokenhearted', so here I sit trying to figure out what engine will work effectively. Anyone have the experience of launching it with success? What kind of roof weight has been added? With any luck I won't have to say, Here I sit with 'Brokenhearted' thought I launched but only chuffed!

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

Flies like crap.

Note that that can be taken 2 ways.

I used the recommended nose weight, built it stock except when I painted the interior, I snapped a corner (don't try to flatten it out!) so I reinforced all the corners with a long, small square styrene piece and epoxy (making it heavier). It flew on the E28-4 about like a V2 and recovered OK with the streamer. Recommend a brown marker to enhance the effect of the streamer. Didn't have an issue with the decent and the fins, but you might want to consider your ground hardness.

In place of the nuts for the launch lugs, I used T-nuts inside, and the kit's standoffs and slightly longer screws. I like to have the option to replace the buttons when needed.

Joel. phx

Incase ya'll wondering what we're talking about:

Joel Corwith

I flew mine on an F50 and a G35 before demolishing it when it bound to the rail on its last flight. I bought two more shells to rebuild and experiment with.

Mark Simps> I'm figuring on sending up my Li'l Johnny Outhouse in a couple weeks.

Reply to
Mark Simpson

Here is a review on it, note at the bottom a number of flight logs.

Thanks, Nick

Reply to
EMRR

Finished mine over the weekend. Gonna loft it this weekend on an F21, I thnk.

cp

Reply to
Chuck Pierce

While prepping the Gilded Lofter for it's maiden flight this weekend, ballast was being added to the Johnnie.

This ougtta give new meaning to a 'heads up' flight! :-)

cp

Reply to
Chuck Pierce

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 14:19:51 -0400, Chuck Rudy

The ballast wil be removed when the parachute is deployed, to make for a softer landing! The spectator count for the launch is predicted to be low, but I can't quite figure out why???

Reply to
Chuck Pierce

Kinda looks like Spaceman Spiff's assembly team. ; )

Randy

Reply to
Randy

Sounds like something Gallagher might do. Right after the Sledgomatic he can end the show with Li'l Johnny and the dropping ballast......the front rows at least are dressed for the occasion :-)

Reply to
Chuck Rudy