Longest Thread In RMR

For those that keep track of such things... Where does "July 5th @ Metra" currently rank in the longest thread in RMR history file?

--Jim

Reply to
Jim Meyers

Chuck Rudy

Strange, I was wondering that myself. Does anyone know what thread holds the record for being the longest ever?

Randy

Reply to
Stephen DeArman

WOW, that is long!! - Theo M.

Reply to
Theo McD.

Does anyone care except unix and usenet geeks?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Hey! Slackware Linux 8.1, 2.4.18 kernel. And I don't care.

Reply to
Gary

---------

My guess would be "TRA vs. NAR"

or

"Where are the new issues of High Power Rocketry".

or

Bruce Kelly Stole HPR Magazine

Crap.... see what you did?

Sleeping dogs..

HDS

Reply to
HDS

The *real* question is how many times in the past several years has Jerry used the word "villify", or any of its derivitives...

Dunno why I'm hung up on it, but it is a pretty cool word. Sounds nasty, and just roooollls off the tongue!

I'm trying to come up with a standardized Google query to properly illustrate this amazing little factoid.

Getting some impressive, but varying numbers back on a couple of queries I've tried...

Tod "Science trundles forward!" Hilty

Reply to
hiltyt

I use it in contect alot. What really is cool is it has been adopted by

2-3 other posters in similar contect.

After you kill that time, put all the posts that say: This should be in the FAQ into a single text file and email it to me. Do something useful with your life.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Two words: GLUE THREAD!

Bob Kaplow

Yeah, but you gotta remember, while Google may well be the eighth wonder of the world for its search engine, those guys still reconstitute threads using the subject instead of using the message id's (eg, E2nPa.11337$hY1.2747201), so those post counts are hard to trust.

Doug I love Google, but figurin' out those message id's seems to be beyond them....

Reply to
Doug Sams

that's right. not apple. unix with apple shell.

:-)

Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr

I thought it was still going. ; )

Randy

Reply to
Stephen DeArman

Google is hard to trust on something like that. If you post something, and the subject line happens to match the subject line of a post that is even years old, then Googlebot puts it in the same older thread.

J.A. Michel

Reply to
J.A. Michel