Nose Cone Search

Hey all...
I am searching high and low, for any nosecones in the seemingly, increasingly less-popular BT-70 size. I need something fairly long,
and an ogive shape...basically a BT-70-sized version of the Estes BNC-55AC (Cherokee D, etc.).
Short of having one custom-turned, is there anything currently available, close to this?
--

Greg Heilers
Registered Linux user #328317 - SlackWare Linux 10.1 (2.6.10)

Have you tried Balsa MAchining Service?
How about this one?
http://www.apogeerockets.com/special_nose.asp
Greg
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Wow! That looks pretty good. More of a tangent-ogive, as opposed to secant-ogive...but close enough!
Thanks!
--

Greg Heilers
Phil Stein wrote:

They were the first ones I asked. The response was basically that a conical shape was the closest they could match; and they could *not* do a custom job.
I figured a "custom" job was not much more of a task than off-the-shelf... since...are not lathes, these days, controlled by one's personal computer? Just plug in the dimensions, shape, etc...and go....
--

Greg Heilers
Registered Linux user #328317 - Slackware 10.1 (2.6.10)

That doesn't sound right. BMS should be albe to reproduce any old Estes cone in whatever scale up or scale down you need.
This is a country which stands tallest in troubled times, a country that clings to fundamental principles, cherishes its constitutional heritage, and rejects simple solutions that compromise the values that lie at the roots of our democratic system. -- Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall, 1972
If you need a custom made balsa nose cone there is a great vendor who regularly posts on The Rocketry Forum.
Look for posts in the Yard Sale area by Sandman. He does great work and makes very cool kits too.
Len Bryan CAR 620 L3 TRA 10220 L2