OT- can someone tell me what this metal is??

I took a drill bit and drilled a small sample... turns out its chrome plated aluminum. at least the drill shaving burns like aluminum (not at all)

--
TAI FU

It's fun where knowledge comes from. I'm a computer geek, but what metallurgy I know comes from photography and keeping marine aquariums - where you learn about stainless steel for obvious reasons.
These days, I keep exotic parrots, and a real concern is toys and accessories that contain toxic metals, especially zinc. Therefore an interest in using stainless, but the parrot people tend to be a lot less technical.
Almost EVERY SINGLE MONTH someone says you can "check for stainless steel" with a magnet. (If it should be magnetic or not varies from person to person) And I have to go through the whole explanation again...