$50.00 Paypalled to the First Person Who Can Tell Me What Kit This Part Is From

I am trying to find out what mid-1970's model kit this part is from. Please check out the photos of the part in question here (ignore the color, it's just metallic paint):

If you can tell me what it is, please email me at snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com. I will paypal $50 (or send a check if preferred) to the first person who can tell me what kit the part is from.

Thanks for looking!

Reply to
Partologist

There has to be some loony story behind this. :-\

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

Okay, I'll bite. Why is it owrth $50.00 bucks to you to find out what this part goes to? Bar bet?

Rusty White Flagship Models Inc.

Rusty White

Judging from the goldfive email he must be a Star Wars fan trying ti figure out what kit part the effect shop used in the 70's

Reply to
masterpiecemodels
-

Yes indeed, I am very close to having all the parts identified for my Star Wars project, but a few remain completely elusive, including this one. I'm trying to ID all the kits needed for absolute authenticity.

Reply to
Partologist

Which ship did this part get used on?

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

No idea what kit it's from but it's obviously a front crossmember to a rather basic car kit. Front crossmember with lower suspension arms to hold the kingpin style wheel axles. The lump in the centre would most likely plug into the sump of a an engine....which makes me think this could be from a snap together kit or something in the Burago die cast range.

Can I have $25 for identifying the part, if not the actual kit?

Reply to
The Raven

Modelers go in many different directions from collectors to researchers to builders. Good luck and I hope you find what you need to know.

Rusty White Flagship Models Inc.

Rusty White

"The Raven" wrote in news:46a5d4ba$0$19339$ snipped-for-privacy@news.optusnet.com.au:

To me, this looks like a crossmember brace to the rear frame of one of the old AMT semi truck models. Peterbilt, Kenworth, White Freightliner, etc. Dimensions look right. Holes on ends could be for the shock mounts, center piece mates to a support for the drive shaft. But this is just a guess. Haven't built one of those models in almost 30 years, and the memory isn't what it used to be....

Reply to
John Stewart

This was posted in responce when I posted this on another site. "Ask Marco Scheloske from the linked website under snipped-for-privacy@freenet.de. He may be able to find it out and speak english too. Or he contact

" Rusty White Flagship Models Inc.

Reply to
Rusty White

I keep looking at that thing; and to me it looks like the bottom half of a mounting for a electric motor in a model. The pin would go through a hole on the motor casing to keep it from spinning, one of the motor's wires would go into the groove, and another piece would go on top resting in the two edge grooves while encircling the top of the motor. And then the whole works would get screwed down into some mounting in a model or toy. It's the groove in the pin that throws me, as I can't see any use for it in a normal model part. A motorized ship model? Or something from a model or toy train? If that's what it is, then one should start looking for a cylindrical electric motor powered model or toy; probably using a Mabuchi motor.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery