What is this part?

Can someone please tell me what this is? I got it with a lathe and bunch of parts. It's about 7 1/2" long. No markings. I was thinking maybe a part for a taper attachment, but for what?

Thanks, Bruno

Reply to
Bruno

I've never seen this exact item, but it looks like it might be some kind of depth stop if you put a rod into the round hole. You could use it on a milling table in that capacity.

GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin