Anyone Recognize This?

Hi,

I am trying to ID this model part. I have no idea what it could be, it doesn't look like anything I've ever come across. Please take a look at the photos:

If you have any idea what type of kit this might be from, please let me know... and thanks for taking a look!

Partologist

Reply to
Partologist

"Partologist" wrote in news:1142358767.410885.38640 @p10g2000cwp.googlegroups.com:

On the first URL it looks like it's attached to some sort of surface. Why not show a larger picture of that.

Dennis

Reply to
Dennis

Reply to
Andrew M

I'm thinking that this is a part that holds an aileron or stabilizor on a wing or tail of an airplane. I've seen something like this before but can't place it exactly. The part exists as is, then the wing/tail surface is slid over and down the shaft, so it can be moved back and fourth. But maybe not. :-)

Reply to
modelereric

Any chance it's a bit from a tank? I'm thinking maybe something from Heller - I built their AMX 13/75 recently and it just kinda looks Hellerish, if you get my drift. (c:

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

It looks like a hinge pin. Too thick to be an antenna (well ,for most antennas we see), and not a gun barrel because there's no breech. It's kinda long to be a hinge pin, however, unless the thin end goes into a cup to give it rigidity.

Reply to
mholt

It looks like a recoil piston assembly for some sort of artillery piece. Is it curved on one side of the mount end? Looks like it should go over the top of a cylinder.

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne

"Rob Grinberg @mackay.net.au>" Any chance it's a bit from a tank? I'm thinking maybe something from

That's my first thought - something from a tank. Maybe a tank antenna?

Reply to
Von Fourche

Looks like some part of an armor model to me too. but what?

*time is an enemy*
Reply to
Ingo Degenhardt