Anyone Recognize This?

Hi,
I am trying to ID this model part. I have no idea what it could be, it
doesn't look like anything I've ever come across. Please take a look
at the photos:

If you have any idea what type of kit this might be from, please let me
know... and thanks for taking a look!
Partologist
Reply to
Partologist
"Partologist" wrote in news:1142358767.410885.38640 @p10g2000cwp.googlegroups.com:
On the first URL it looks like it's attached to some sort of surface. Why not show a larger picture of that.
Dennis
Reply to
Dennis
How about a whip antennae that is mounted on the side of a ship's island?
Reply to
Andrew M
I'm thinking that this is a part that holds an aileron or stabilizor on a wing or tail of an airplane. I've seen something like this before but can't place it exactly. The part exists as is, then the wing/tail surface is slid over and down the shaft, so it can be moved back and fourth. But maybe not. :-)
Reply to
modelereric
Any chance it's a bit from a tank? I'm thinking maybe something from Heller - I built their AMX 13/75 recently and it just kinda looks Hellerish, if you get my drift. (c:
RobG
Reply to
Rob Grinberg
It looks like a hinge pin. Too thick to be an antenna (well ,for most antennas we see), and not a gun barrel because there's no breech. It's kinda long to be a hinge pin, however, unless the thin end goes into a cup to give it rigidity.
Reply to
mholt
It looks like a recoil piston assembly for some sort of artillery piece. Is it curved on one side of the mount end? Looks like it should go over the top of a cylinder.
Cookie Sewell
Reply to
AMPSOne
"Rob Grinberg @mackay.net.au>" Any chance it's a bit from a tank? I'm thinking maybe something from
That's my first thought - something from a tank. Maybe a tank antenna?
Reply to
Von Fourche
Looks like some part of an armor model to me too. but what?
*time is an enemy*
Reply to
Ingo Degenhardt