Convair XP-81

One of my fav a/c is the XP-81. There's not a lot of info out there, tho I finally found a drawing of the prototype with the Merlin. Anyone know of any good resources on it? I'd like to do a few versions 'in service' with the Anigrand kit. Anyone know what underwing stores it may have carried? ISTR seeing some pics somewhere with it carrying underwing tanks, & may have seen mention of tip tanks.

Reply to
frank

Here's a photo of the beast carrying some rather unorthodox-looking underwing tanks.

Cheers and all,

Reply to
Bill Shatzer

Hey, it has the Merlin, too! Thanks.