MPM Sea Hawk Mk.101

I started toying with this kit and a few points came to mind:

  1. I've read about some versions having the Indian roundles in reverse color. Mine are saffron on the outside, green on the inside. This is correct, I trust.

  1. My sources tell the Mk.101 was a foul-weather/night version which often carried a Ekco-38B radar pod on one of the underwing pylons. Since the kit does not come with any stores, it would be nice to see a reference photo for scratchbuilding this pod. Anyone?

Reply to
Toni Lassila

"Toni Lassila" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@no.spam...

They are correct, the reversed roundels were in the original Sea Hawk kit.

Anders

Reply to
Anders Svennevik

In response to #2, you should try and find the old Profile Pub. for this bird. There are some pics, IIRC. I have one if you can't find one and could try scanning relevant pictures.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak