purging files in XP

Does anyone know how to purge old versions of Pro/E data files (prt, asm, dwg) in Windows XP? Can it be done recursively with one command?

Thanks,

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Kerr

try the following:

Purgedrve for Ms Windows:

Speken Purge (free)
I use Speken Purge, works very well, will recursively clean all sub-dirs if needed, and save as many or few versions of files as you want.

I th> Does anyone know how to purge old versions of Pro/E data files (prt, asm,

Reply to
Chris Gosnell

See

This is for xp

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /c cd "%1" &"C:\program\proe2001\bin\purge.bat"

*

"Jeff Kerr" ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

Reply to
maury

Hay Jeff, open explore,tools,folder options, file type.Now finde file folder and mark it,click advanced,then new and in "application used to perform action" go to browse and find file: "C:\PROGRAM FILES\PROE2001\BIN\PURGE.BAT" open it and put BLANKO * For action you can write what every you want (for example PURGE PROE). You can now purge any directory from explore or commander.All you need to do is to mark directory (from explore or commander) right mouse buten and find PURGE PROE. Regards Violeta

Reply to
Viki

I tried this and it's not showing up on the right-click. What do you mean by "...and put BLANKO *..." ? Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Reply to
Gra-gra

Hay, I'm sorry if I wasn't clear enough .It's my mistake. Copy this line: "C:\Program Files\proe2001\bin\purge.bat" * Change path by your need.If you do not understand contact me.My English is not so good and I wrote BLANKO instead BLANK. Regards Violeta

Reply to
Viki