Any software for easy desktop search for Pro/E files

Thanks.

Reply to
PGPS

I don't know about tagging or why you'd want to do it. A search is a search. I store all my Pro/e files in a subfolder of My Documents. From the My Documents folder, I pick Search, All files and folders, and type *.prt* (or

*.asm* or *.drw*). In 10 seconds it finds all the files anywhere I have them stored. The only other thing that NTFS does that can speed this up is indexing, so you can search on names or some other object property much faster. Intralink does this with builtin parameters as well as userdefined ones that are searchable (designated). Maybe you could explain where you're trying to get to with this.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes