5 easy pro/e questions.

I have some newbie pro/e questions/problems. I am using wildfire 2.0 w/ intralink:

  1. sometimes if i am working on a model & i am going back & forth between the model & drawing, my dimensions scatter all over the place on the drawing & i have to drag each one to the original position...it only does this sometimes & its annoying. whats up w/ that?
  2. If i want to make a configuration (instance?) of a model & i want it to be an exact opposite hand, how can i do that?
  3. If i have a a-size drawing & i completed it & realized i should have put it on a b-size titleblock, is there a way i can switch drawing titleblocks easily using intralink?
  4. If i want to add a component to an assy & the part has to be added internally to an assembly (anotherwords the constraints i need to use are not visable from the outside) is the easy way to suppress the components that are in the way? This seems to work for me...wondering if this is the correct way. thanks in advance for anyones help. This board has helped me alot w/ my new job. john
Reply to
jjW

John

The dimensions should not be moving unless you are changing features. Second If you are using Ilink, then you can either duplicate the model and make your mirror changes or use the family table function (be very careful using family tables) which in your case I would use the duplicate and make my adjustments from there. Changing the title block is easy by RMB somewhere in the blank drawing a choosing page setup, then make your selection from there. Lastly you can insert a component into an assembly by either inserting, using model tree, before the other parts or by query selection from the mouse to find the constraits that you need. Best way is to use first one by inserting before the other parts. Using the mouse move the insert (model tree) up to the point where you need it. It always looks better from the assembly standpoint if the components are ordered correct by the position. Eric

Reply to
emills

It's been noted elsewhere that this problem was fixed in M160 so installing that release or later should fix the problem; I've also heard that this is graphics related and driver updates fix the problem; and it's been proposed that doing cleanup dims with snap lines also controls the problem.

It is possible to make a mirror part with assembly mode and create component/mirrored. It is not a configuration or instance of the right handed part anymore than a left shoe is a configuration of the right; they are fundementally different parts and shouldn't be included in the same table as instances or configurations of each other.

Couple other possibilities:

  • Set 'View>Visibility' and set to Hide, or
  • Set 'View>Display Style' to Wireframe
  • Prehighlight cyan and RMB click-cycle through geometry to use for constraints; you should practice this because it is, by far, the easiest way to cycle through geometry that's "in the way". True, it takes some visualization, you should know what the hidden geometry will look like in its preseent orientation. But, when you're looking for a hidden hole or pin geomtry, you know pretty much what this will look like. It's not that difficult, once you get used to looking "through" assembled parts. I think it's more a matter of experience and getting used to the idea that you actually can do this.

We're happy to help when we can.

Reply to
David Janes