Watermark on e drawingsheet

Hi,

I am looking a way to put a watermark on an drawing. Not via a PDF file but directly on the drawing. I tryed to insert a BMP (set to back) into the drawing but only the dimension are on the front, the drwaing himzelf still at the back and the BMP "run" above it so that I can't see some lines of the drawing.

Can somebody help me ?

Fred.

Reply to
Fred

"Fred" a écrit dans le message de news:41b5a74d$ snipped-for-privacy@news.interstroom.nl...

Not sure it will help, but your printer driver might be able to do it (ours do)

HIH

JMB

Reply to
Jean Marc BRUN

I had a similar problem. I needed to put "DRAFT" on my drawings as a water mark. What I did was to create a new "part" that was simply a 2-D sketch of the word "DRAFT". I then inserted a view of the part into the drawing. If you need to put an image into your drawing, I don't know what to do.

Reply to
YouGoFirst

you might try to put the image on the sheet format (titleblock) that way the image will always be behind everything on the sheet. Test it & let us know if that works... If it does I would recommend creating separate drawing temples for each size called DraftA, DraftB, ectt... that way all you have to do is replace one template with another when you want to show a drawing as draft or not...

Hope this helps Steve tietz

Reply to
Steve Tietz

It can be done and SW2005 does it automatically for :

1) "If you print a lightweight drawing when it is out of synchronization with its model, the drawing prints with a watermark:"

SolidWorks Lightweight drawing - Out-of-Date Print

2)

When a Detached drawing is out of sync with its model, it prints with a watermark that states:

SolidWorks Detached drawing - Out-of-Sync Print

Reply to
Rocko

Reply to
Damian