Adding 3D dimensions

Hello All,

Is there a way to add dimensions and annotations to the 3D model? Can they be added in a different layer?

What's recommended to purge a model & drawing? Any free or purchased software?

I'm using WF2 & 3.

Thank you.

Reply to
caduser

Insert -> Model Datum -> Annotation

Look at dtl option allow_3D_dimensions, too.

Yes.

Whataya mean? Purge a directory of historical versions? In an Acad or compact database sense (there's no such thing)?

I'm using 2, haven't seen 3. Would be really interested in hearing if 3 brought anything new in the way of model annotation to the table. It's too crude in 2 for practical, as in Y14.41 type, use IMO.

Reply to
Jeff Howard

directory of historical versions?

There is, you know. There's a few batch files around on some ProE websites, like maybe Pro-Stuff or Olaf's, if they're both still around. I don't find them much use. It's easy enough to purge the working directory by opening a system window and typing "purge". With the batch files you can do multiple directories at a time.

Reply to
graminator

for purge see here

kenny

I highly recommend Spekan Purge. I downloaded it a while ago, but I can't find the download site anymore. Email me - I'll send you the file. Sepp

Reply to
Sepp

Purging multiple directories is one of the big benefits of utilities like Spekan Purge. You can't do multiple directories/subdirectories with the Pro/e purge.bat, maybe something available on proe_site but, if you look at the code in the native batch file, there's no machinery to recurse through a directory structure. Another benefit of utilites like Spekan Purge is that, unlike the purge utility that comes with Pro/e, they let you set how many versions to keep. Pro/e's purge utility wipes out everything but the latest version. Spekan Purge also has a delete function that lets you get rid of extraneous scratch files by specifying the extensions. This is the kind of simple, professional utility that SHOULD have come with Pro/e.

As to the second sense that Jeff mentioned ~ the ACAD like purging of object files of extraneous information ~ it's hardly needed with Pro/e because the object files are not used as they are in ACAD, as scratch files. For example, in contrast to ACAD's unlimited, saved UNDO, there is only limited UNDO in Pro/e files and this is never saved with the file. When stuff, like saved views or named explode states are deleted, they're deleted from the file. No extra step is needed to purge saved junk from Pro/e's object files.

That said, there is a config setting to let Pro/e compress object files by setting compress_output_files to yes.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

you've registered, you have access to the download directories and files. There's a new, 3.3 version of the SPURGE utility. It may even take care of trail files.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes