Wildfire 2 'Annotations' sub-menu

Could someone please tell me what the Wildfire 'Annotations' sub-menu called 'Non-Graphical' really does? I would like a good, real-world example of its use.

J. Perry

Reply to
J. Perry

Just some wild speculation, as I don't know jack about it ... Non-grapical annotations can be created which contain nothing but parameters. I'd guess that this is (or will be in the future) a container for general information about the model, processes, etc. that can be translated out with the model (similar to entities currently supported in some STEP AP options, or maybe they already are?) or accessed with a viewer.

An interesting aside, but I don't know what the purpose or practical application is: read the help on deleting an annotation feature. If you have an annotation with a driven or ref dimension, for instance, change the dimension to non-grapical, then delete the annotation feature. You'll end up with an associative dim still visible in the graphics window and an "adXXX" at the top of the feature browser. ???

Reply to
Jeff Howard

Non-grapical

information

That's interesting Jeff. I'll have to check this out tomorrow at the office.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Best regards,

J. Perry

Reply to
J. Perry

No, prob. I can always find a couple of minutes to run my head. Now maybe someone that knows something will chime in. 8~)

Reply to
Jeff Howard
2003, Digital Product Definition Data Practices (the standard that makes the digital model the reference, IOW, cramming as much into that sucker as possible)?

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

That's it. There's a pdf document ("3D Model Annotations"?) somewhere on PTC's site (what's new for WF2?) that gives a bit of an overview.

I haven't had occasion to dig into it and nobody I work for would has any use for it. 2D drawings are still my stock deliverable. It does sound interesting and I hope it'll catch on with the "masses".

I had hoped 3D annnotations would be helpful for detailing iso drawing views, but so far it doesn't look like they have a 2D application.

Reply to
Jeff Howard