Wildfire 2 'Annotations' sub-menu

Could someone please tell me what the Wildfire 'Annotations' sub-menu called
'Non-Graphical' really does? I would like a good, real-world example of its
use.
J. Perry
Reply to
J. Perry
Just some wild speculation, as I don't know jack about it ... Non-grapical annotations can be created which contain nothing but parameters. I'd guess that this is (or will be in the future) a container for general information about the model, processes, etc. that can be translated out with the model (similar to entities currently supported in some STEP AP options, or maybe they already are?) or accessed with a viewer.
An interesting aside, but I don't know what the purpose or practical application is: read the help on deleting an annotation feature. If you have an annotation with a driven or ref dimension, for instance, change the dimension to non-grapical, then delete the annotation feature. You'll end up with an associative dim still visible in the graphics window and an "adXXX" at the top of the feature browser. ???
Reply to
Jeff Howard
Non-grapical
information
That's interesting Jeff. I'll have to check this out tomorrow at the office.
Thanks for taking the time to respond.
Best regards,
J. Perry
Reply to
J. Perry
No, prob. I can always find a couple of minutes to run my head. Now maybe someone that knows something will chime in. 8~)
Reply to
Jeff Howard
:> Thanks for taking the time to respond. : : No, prob. I can always find a couple of minutes to run my head. Now maybe : someone that knows something will chime in. 8~) : Don't look at me, I haven't even *seen* WF2 yet! But, I sure hope someone who's used this functionality will be nice enough to give us a little introduction. It sure sounds interesting. Does it have anything to do with support for ANSI Y14.41 2003, Digital Product Definition Data Practices (the standard that makes the digital model the reference, IOW, cramming as much into that sucker as possible)?
David Janes
Reply to
David Janes
That's it. There's a pdf document ("3D Model Annotations"?) somewhere on PTC's site (what's new for WF2?) that gives a bit of an overview.
I haven't had occasion to dig into it and nobody I work for would has any use for it. 2D drawings are still my stock deliverable. It does sound interesting and I hope it'll catch on with the "masses".
I had hoped 3D annnotations would be helpful for detailing iso drawing views, but so far it doesn't look like they have a 2D application.
Reply to
Jeff Howard

Site Timeline