National Instrument CAN bus card version 2 and 1?

Could some one please tell me what is the difference between the new Series2 national instrument CAN bus pci card versus the older one. I have on hand a version1 (circa 1997) that I would like to use but wonder how compatible it is with their new drivers and stuffs which is made for the series2 card (2002).

Does anyone have experience with these? What really is the difference? is it the protocol itself? if so how can one go about writting softwares that is backward compatible with the older card?

Reply to
Stephen