Bill of Material and Family table of Assembly

Please let me know, How can i create Assembly family table, of whose components have family tables (dimension option). I want that each family table component should fit in that assembly such that it will give that assembly family table that I expect. I do not got this by component option of family table creation. Can anybody tell me any alternative option to achieve this.

Thanks, Mukundraj

Reply to
mukundrajpatil

wrote

I am unable to answer you question because I am confused. You mention a BOM table in the subject of this post, then you never mention a BOM in the body of your message. A family table is a collection of related parts, all of which can be represented by a master part. However, this master part never appears anywhere. What goes into the assembly is the instance, the part that is a variation of the master, generic part. This master must contain enough parametric information to represent the needs of any instance, but it is never itself included in an assembly. The generic, or family table, part remains outside, as a reference. So, the only way to have families of families is with a structured, branching table. For example, the SCREW table branches between metric and US units, then by head type, then by pitch and length.

A BOM will show only instances of a family table, never the generic, so these parts have no file name reference, because they're instances of a generic part file. I'm not sure, from your description, what you're expecting to see.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes