Adding Dimensions

Hi Does anyone know of a way I can add dimensions by clicking on the rather than having to add them manually. Using AutoCAD 2004.
Thanks Shaun
Hi

There are a realy fancy way to do it lazy ; You set the sys.var. "Texteval" to one. Then you type "Text" and when you reach the point when the function ask the text to be printed , you just ansver "(getdist)" at the keyboard. When you press enter the program will freze, untill you point to two points ,for the Getdist function to calculate the distance between, --------- when you passed the points their distance will be printed not the text you typed in. To get it even smarter looking, you can check the function "Strcat" that allow you to pass strings of text of your own choice, before or after the distance readout. Sometimes much easier than finding the right dimensioning tools ------ beside "(getdist)" work 3D ;)) P.C. http://home20.inet.tele.dk/h-3d /
I don't know that we are talking about the same thing here. I'm talking about having a drawing with dimensions on it & to save time, or being lazy, call it what you want, if there was, may be a lisp or something, so all I had to do was to click on the dimensions I wanted, add them together & get a total measurement, this would make life a lot easier, not to mention save time.Of coarse this may not be possible.
Thanks Lazy Shaun

rather
calculate
Hi