File types

Hi, No doubt you are all aware that pro stuff appears in directory windows like: name type .prt.12 12 File .prt.13 13 File .prt.14 14 file .asm.13 13 File .asm.14 14 File

prt and asm are obviously different file types and do not collate when ordered by type. Does anyone know if I make the files types appear as [prt file] irrespective of the numbers. Is there any other viewer that does this?

Thanks

Reply to
kenny

Hi there,

usually when you install proe all those endings will be registered to Productview(Express), if you have that installed. Now, I would prefer to be registered to proe itself, but never bothered looking into that. Of course, you could rename all files with something line 'rename *.prt.*

*.prt' or the 'mv' command in UNIX respectively. Then you could register those endings to proe. But as soon as you save your part (asm,...) again, you have the version number back. So why bother?

Why do you want to collate them? Could you do this from within proe to get the info you want? A work-around would be to save the parts in a part-directory, the assys in a asm-directory ...

Sorry, not much help.

Tom

kenny schrieb:

Reply to
Dammerl

it's not much of a problem, when I have a number of directories open I need to cross reference the contents and it's easier when it's ordered by type.

Reply to
kenny