[OT?] SD to CF adapter???

Bob Kaplow wrote:

The EOS line use rechargable battery packs; for folks who need a lot of power, Canon offers a "battery grip" which attaches to the bottom of the camera and holds two batteries. Or, if you're a glutton for subsidizing Eveready, the battery grip will allow you to use AA batteries on the 20D, but they don't last long!
-Kevin
On 25 Jun 2005 05:38:28 -0500, kaplow snipped-for-privacy@encompasserve.org.TRABoD (Bob Kaplow) wrote:

I knew it wasn't an el cheapo but until now, you didn't do to great a job making that point.
Let me know when you give up and buy a new card for it. 8-)

Well, I haven't given up, but I did buy a CF card Friday. Office Max had them on sale, with an instant erbate and a mail in rebate. Plus my company discount at OM, after rebate a 256MB card will cost me $9.
I'm still looking for the adapter, so I can use all my old cards, and only buy new cards that I can use everywhere.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -- Benjamin Franklin Historical Review of Pennsylvania. 1759
Bob Kaplow wrote:

Canon doesn't give the buffer size in terms of bytes, kilobytes, etc, but rather in terms of images. They specify how many frames at JPG max resolution (23), how many at medium resolution, at max res RAW, etc.
To give you an idea as to the difference, at 5fps, the camera will fill the buffer in 23 frames. With a fast card (one of the fastest as tested in that camera), it takes 32 frames before it slows down. A slower card will drop it down sooner.
The EOS 10D writes to the CF much more slowly, so fast memory doesn't make a difference with the camera itself, but does make a difference when downloading to your PC.
-Kevin

Well, my $130 camera is actually a $600 camera that was being closed out by a store going out of business...
This is a country which stands tallest in troubled times, a country that clings to fundamental principles, cherishes its constitutional heritage, and rejects simple solutions that compromise the values that lie at the roots of our democratic system. -- Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall, 1972

Does the TMT certification data list the card delays?
:-)
This is a country which stands tallest in troubled times, a country that clings to fundamental principles, cherishes its constitutional heritage, and rejects simple solutions that compromise the values that lie at the roots of our democratic system. -- Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall, 1972
On 24 Jun 2005 12:05:43 -0500, kaplow snipped-for-privacy@encompasserve.org.TRABoD (Bob Kaplow) wrote:

If it made it onto the list, then obviously, it passed. 8-)