Q. Is there a model rocket kit for a single human passenger ?

Hi.

I'd like to know if there is a model rocket kit, large enought to send an adult-sized individual, up a couple thousand feet, with reliable parachute system?

Would the rocket engines required cause too much of a scene?

Thanks, Jim

Reply to
Jim

On 03 Aug 2003 06:28:03 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (RayDunakin) wrote:

Reply to
Jim Jones

If you are thinking of launching yourself a couple of thousand feet, I would go with a minimum diameter concept. Simply strap on a couple of sheets of plexiglass to act as fins. The motor mount is obvious and uses sphinctre retention. Stuff the parachute in your mouth - the ejection charge should be sufficiently large to ensure proper deployment. The beauty of this entire system is that in the event of a failure of the deployment system, the flyer (that's you) is right there to engage the backup system! (Spit the parachute out if your conscious).

BTW, remember to wear a helmet this time to avoid further brain injury.

ML

Reply to
Harry Johnson

"Jim Jones"

---------

Jim, we are in a major battle to save this hobby from being banned. We could have a "good" news story in our behalf every night for the next 10 years... But your news story would be the only thing anyone would remember.

Ya know what I'm saying?

HDS

Reply to
HDS