Rocket locator product pending?

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?threadid2830
It seems a launc h could install a single "base station" and service
everyone there.
Jerry
The link doesn't work (at least for me) - I get "The page cannot be displayed".
--
...The Bit Eimer [remove keinewurst to email me]

"My goal in life is to be the kind of person my cat thinks he is"
Its one thing to build a small piece of electronics. But battery technology is way too far behind.
GPS takes lots of juice. If this is similar to a different system it waited for you to page it then it powered up and replied with its location. Hardly tracking location, more like replying with its location. And that one said it was in a watch, actually the interface was in the watch and there was a pack you had to wear on your belt.
It would be handy for locating lost rockets though.
The price they quoted is probably for production costs so consumer costs will be 4 or 5 times that.
RDH8

Looks like RF tag technology on the extream end as was published in Sci Am last year. Big Bro stuff.