rockets as terrorist weapons

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

When I was 18 I was in a accident and ended up through the windshield. All the medical bills were paid by me, myself and I(as they should be) How and why would you be footing the bill if someone is dumb enough not to wear their seatbelt?

Ted 'learned the hard way, literally' Novak TRA#5512

Reply to
nedtovak

Libertarians should all be proactively jailed. They are necessarily radicals like our founders were.

:)

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

They'll never take me alive, I ain't going back to prison.

Jim Rutkowski Executive Chef TrailerTrashAerospace

Reply to
Jim

I would say that but I never spent a first night in prison.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Prison is easy, jail is hard. no fresh air, no place to exercise, just sit in a room non-stop for your period of time.

Prison inmates have yards to play in. jails don't

Reply to
tater schuld

Here in MN you have to meet certain conditions to qualify for unemployment. Being fired is meaning being fired for incompetence. Legitiment layoff's are whole different thing. There is a difference.

I had some friends that found this out the hard way. If only they listened to me and not take employment for granted then they wouldn't have had to learn it the hard way. Sometimes the school of hard knocks is the best education.

Obviously this has a lot to do with the local economy.

Ted Novak TRA#5512

Reply to
the notorious t-e-d

Ray has the rules figured out.

Hey Ray, if you are an EMPLOYER (of aboout 20 people) and your company gets ripped off or blackballed you don't get unemployment. It's too bad so sad.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

I'm not aware of _any_ circumstance in which an employer/owner would get unemployment.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Not true Ray, you can't usually draw unemployment if you are fired "for cause". This would be if you got caught stealing, or breaking the law, not just being bad at your job. Note: this is how it is in Illinois, other states may vary.

Reply to
Christopher Deem

Chris Deem wrote:

Reply to
RayDunakin

It's a yahoo news clip taken from the A/P. I think the BATF is at it again... One of the rockets didn't launch properly and lit the van ablaze. All in all, none of the rockets accomplished their main mission very successfully. Most missed their targets, those that did hit did less damage than a car -not- packed with explosives.

steve

Reply to
default

From the article:

Dangit, Steve, you beat me to it. I heard the story on the news this morning while I was on the treadmill. I kept thinking, "Was it terrorists or the BATFEces?" (Is there a difference? :)

Doug

Reply to
Doug Sams

One rocket from the attack struck the Sheraton Hotel but caused only minor damage. A second exploded in the parking lot of the Baghdad Hotel, used by Western security contractors.

The U.S. military said insurgents were aiming for the nearby Green Zone, the heavily guarded area across the Tigris River that houses the U.S. Embassy and offices of Iraq's newly sovereign interim government. The rockets fell short, and one destroyed another vehicle.

In a separate attack in central Baghdad, insurgents fired rockets near the Marjam Hotel, which also is used by Westerners. One rocket struck a statue in nearby Wathik Square and another landed near the Indonesian Embassy without exploding, police said.

Sounds pretty ineffective to me and these were MILITARY MLRS.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Not much.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

d=716

One of the

those that

Aw come on now. You expect us to believe that launching rockets out of the back of a van can set the van on fire.

At least we know who they learned how to be terrorists from :-)

Bob Kaplow

Maybe that was the idea... the BATF edited out the van-catching-on-fire part, snuck the censored version of the tape out to the Iraqi rebels, and then told the government to "just watch for burning vans".

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

When I heard it on the news, I just figured that the ATF was opening a Baghdad office.

Reply to
Christopher Deem

The difference is, terrorists have no power to infringe on your rights. ATF does.

Reply to
RayDunakin