Ruh-roh reorge.....

Looks like they're gonna have to renamed it "ISSssssssssssssss........"

BB

the space shuttle >fleet, the result of the Columbia tragedy.

well, how about we get the shuttle back going again?

Reply to
tater schuld

the ISS, like the earth it orbits, is passing through a region of space where physical matter undergoes a phase shift. The result of that shift is that the permeability of solids increase.

if they weight the occupants of the ISS they'll find them losing weight too, due to the same phenomena

- iz

BB wrote:

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

Uh, yeah.

Brett "Maybe the same thing happens to craniums" Buck

Reply to
Brett Buck

"Cranium!? Damn near killed 'em!"

...on second thought, I guess that doesn't work.

Reply to
BB

You should have put a :-) after that post, Iz. People will think you've been smoking the same stuff as Mark Peeters in the RED PLANET/RED SEA thread...

Reply to
Marcus Leech

hey, don't laugh

although I made this up, it is loosely based on a ostensibly channeled work called Oahspe, in which it is posited that changes in the spiritual state of man results from the earth traversing differnt regions of the universe (as the solar system, milky way, locsl group, etc all move through space)

- iz

Brett Buck wrote:

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

Doing some quick math, and assuming the ISS is pressurized to 29.92 mm Hg, losing 9 mm Hg is roughly 70% which takes them from sea level to about 10,000 feet!

I wonder if those little masks drop down from the ceiling at some point... Or maybe they float down...

Louis

Reply to
Louis Schroeder

29.92 inches or 760mm Hg
Reply to
DaveL

That would certainly explain the sudden, unexplainable rise & decline of Smurfs.

Reply to
BB

Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed wrote in news:PlzKb.90091$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.nyc.rr.com:

What's that SF story about neural conductivity or something being influenced by a property of local space and as the Earth/Sun/Milky Way move through space we enter an area where our intelligence is dramatically altered (I don't remember which way; must be the part of space we're in...)

len.

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens

There's one I read years ago - "Brain Wave" (by Poul Andersen or someone like that? It's been a long time.) The earth moves out of a segment of space that contained an "inhibitor field" that had been slowing down our mental activity. Everyone suddenly starts getting smarter.

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Which way is down?

The masks must be spring-loaded to pop out.

Maybe HAL tells them in a gentle voice - " Please don your breathing apparatus ...... Please don your breathing apparatus....."

-- Eric Benner TRA # 8975 L2 NAR # 79398

Reply to
Eric Benner

Len,

That was Poul Anderson's "Brainwave", published about 1954. A really good novel containing themes ranging from social engineering through space exploration and cosmology.

Ken Holloway

Reply to
Ken Holloway

Reply to