So what is this "hold" on S.724?

I have seen several messages refering to it, but what does it mean?

Can anyone explain in non-legalese?

Reply to
Event Horizon

My understanding of a "hold" is simply notification that the Senator(s) intend to filibuster if this bill is brought to the floor for a vote. Basically they are saying that if their mind is not changed, or the bill is not changed, you may be wasting the senate's time bringing the bill up for a vote.

John Marvin snipped-for-privacy@fc.hp.com NAR 75392 L2

Reply to
John Marvin