Source For Kevlar Thread

Hey Dudes and Dudettes,
I am looking for a source for Kevlar thread, in the Austin, TX area. The best I have been able to find,
is ultra lightweight stuff (good for shroud lines), in the fly-tying section of a local sporting goods franchise. Is there a national chain outfit, be it sporting goods, carpet materials, clothing, etc... where the stuff can be found?
--

Greg Heilers
Registered Linux user #328317 - Slackware 10.1 (2.6.10)

Not too many vendors sell Kevlar thread. If you can handle buying a lifetime supply (or what appears to be a lifetime supply anyway) try the Saunders Thread Company.
http://www.saunders-thread.com /
This is the page with their Kevlar thread specifications:
http://www.saunders-thread.com/spec-kevlar-p.html
They sell it in one pound spools.
I went in with a group in the Dallas area a few years ago and picked up a spool of the Tex 120 (FF/3) and Tex 400.
Greg Heilers wrote:

--
David W. Schultz
Greg Heilers wrote:

Try World Wide Kites over on McNeil Dr. in north Austin. I've purchased 100 lb. test kevlar there in the past.
Note that kevlar has fallen out of favor with the kite folks in recent years, so your results may vary...
www.ikite.com
James __________________________ James Duffy snipped-for-privacy@mac.com www.rocket.aero
snipped-for-privacy@mac.com wrote:

In favor of what?
Caused by mil hoarding?
Jerry
Jerry asked:

In favor of not cutting their hands. I assume they use some sort of nylon/dacron/whatever these days...
James _____________________ James Duffy snipped-for-privacy@mac.com www.rocket.aero
> Note that kevlar has fallen out of favor with the kite folks
In favor of what?
Spectra. They don't need the heat-resistant properties of kevlar.
BillW
snipped-for-privacy@mac.com wrote:

Thanks! That is only a few miles away. I had considered "kite and kite-supplies" as a possible source, but did not know there was such a shop in the local area.

--

Greg Heilers
http://www.thethreadexchange.com /

I was about to suggest The Thread Exchange. They have about the best variety I've seen anywhere. I think I bought a lifetime supply of shock cord anchor in a single spool from them about a year ago.
Alan
--
Motion Picture Special Effects
www.alternative-realities.com