Well said.

Mario

Reply to
Mario Perdue

You feeling left out?

Reply to
Chad L. Ellis

Oh yeah, yup, I'm feeling left out.

Why don't you send me $100,000 or so, so that I can launch and totally destroy a couple of mini-Coopers with mil-spec motors?

Just to satisfy some idiot's desire for crash & burn footage.

Yeah, then I won't feel left out anymore.

But hey, the arterial bleeding was "effin' cool".............

Welcome to the a*@hole club, Chad

Reply to
Gus

I feel like I missed something, as in "WTF is he talking about?".

'course, nothing new there, living in the Twilight as I usually do.

Tweak

Reply to
Tweak

Reply to
Chad L. Ellis

Actually everyone on each team worked on the vehicles, there was no fluff in the teams for the Mini Cooper episode. There was for others apparently.

Well said Chad - it's just entertainmemt, it's just TV! Although folks may cringe at the cost of two Mini Coopers in terms of their personal finances, in terms of the overall budget to produce a TV episode it's really not a big deal. It seems everytime rocket motors get used for something other than HPR, it's seen as

And seeing it live was, much like watching HPR launch videos, a whole different matter. And no, the arterial bleeding was not cool, it was a very serious matter [especially for Bruce] and was treated as such. Luckily he's okay. Try it yourself and see how cool it is.

Mike D.

Reply to
Mike Dennett

I didn't see any actors on the teams last night, at least not on the Rocketman team. I've personally met every person on the Rocketman team except Jim Hoffman and I doubt he was an actor.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

Yeah, who cares what it costs?

Who cares about Bruce Lee damn near getting killed, huh ?

Somebody else paid for that, right?

No, wait, Bruce paid for that, didn't he?

Your not just a member of the ahole club,you should be President!

Gus

Reply to
Gus

Who was on the Rocketman team?

Glen

Reply to
Glen Overby

Ky Michealson, Jodi Michealson, Dave Leininger, Bruce Kelly, Bruce Lee, Matt Murphy, and Jim Hoffman. Dave had said that Bruce Kelly wasn't going to be on the show, but he was on the show last night.

The team listing is at

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

Plenty of people have had ejection charges go off on them during final prep. Someone was taken to a hospital at LDRS 2003 after they fell off a ladder when a charge went off.

Dave Leininger told me the ejection cannon came loose when the charge went off due to poor welds. It appears the cannon coming loose caused the injuries to Bruce.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

Reply to
Chad L. Ellis

at least I now know what Bruce Kelly looks like.....

he said he was a gofer..heeheh

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz