Test flight(s) of my Sunward CF-18 "Desert Fox" kit....

Flight # 1: Slight breeze, launch angle of about 75 degrees, D12-5 motor...and an absolute PERFECT flight...about 700ft high....slight spin, like a gentle barrel roll at an airshow...great coast phase....nice ejection and recovery...What a rush! This thing looks AWESOME in flight....

Flight # 2: just about a perfect replica of the flight above, with one small snag....the recovery elastic let go of the body...apparently the glue wasn't "completely" cured yet.....so down comes the body, end over end......lands in the wheat field....whew! no damage....now where is that nose cone and 'chute? There is is...about 50 ft away...chute still wrapped in the lanyards...

All in all...not a bad test flight....now if I can just figure out the best way to get those tiger stripes on this thing...

Randy. Melbourne, ON

R & K Bilyea