Question: Sunward Aero kit

Just purchased a Sunward Aerospace Kit, a 'CSX Six Footer'. I tried to research the kit a little, but could find nothing even on EMRR. Any
body have any experience with this kit? I've seen some other Sunward kits in action, pretty impressive, overall...also I am purchasing the kit from Uncle Mike's, so that instills a little confidence.
I have no experience with the kit, but I know that you can call Uncle Mike.
--
Tom Koszuta
Western New York Sailplane and Electric Flyers

Thanks- and BTW, I do intend to give it a review in EMRR. Looks like it ought to be a fun build. As for the "e" outfitting, it's gonna be a matter of whether or not I can get my hands on one. I've yet to find a hobby shop locally that handles them here(Sarasota FL area), but thanks for putting the bug in my ear I:0)

Just don't put the engine clip or motor thurst ring in, so you can use any 24mm motor.
I've had that kit in my hands and it's fine quality parts.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. Will that also accept the AT 24mm's, do you know? By the way, I did try RF, no info there either- I see the kit is on EMRR's "Hit List".

If you leave out the engine clip and thrust ring, but of course.
even if you put the clip in, the AT E15 and E30 would fit.
but leaving it out lets you get into the AT F21 and Ellis G37 amoung other things.
"bob352" > wrote in message

Strange as this thread didn't show up on my newsfeed.
There is supposed to be a review on www.rocketreviews.com but hasn't shown up yet.
The kit is straight forward. Just kept the tubes straight when assembling as it is a long rocket.
As for the modifcations suggested, I haven't used E, F, or G engines, but others have on other rockets. Just keep an eye on the stablility. Shouldn't be a big problem with the CFX-Six Footer! but other rockets required nose weight for stability.
Flies high! Watch for trees.
Enjoy.
Angelo Castellano Sunward Aerospace Group Limited www.sunward1.com email address on web site
Thanks, Angelo! It never hurts to here it from the source! The kit just arrived yesterday, can't wait to get started on it. As for the EMRR review, I'll post one as soon as I can. This ought to be a very fun build! Thanks again!
"bob352"...wrote in message

Thanks. Will look forward to the review.
Angelo Castellano Sunward Aerospace Group Limited www.sunward1.com email address on web site
news:cfFDe.4101> As for the modifcations suggested, I haven't used E, F, or G engines, but others

a big

for
Hi Angelo.
In fact for stability, your Six Footer Rocket would work fine on 29mm I motors like the Ellis I69 ! Much shorter rockets of the same diameter have been flown with that motor, with tinyer fins.
for anyting in the larger Gs, H and I range, get the fins stuck on good.
If I was builing it for a H, or I motor I would do the following.
Use a piece of 29mm motor mount tube, like a LOC tube. Make it say 9 inches long.
Cut the centering rings out to make fit this new motor tube.
Use self stick paper labels and cover the stock fins for strength. Use Yellow glue and glue the fins right to the motor mount. Then put the centering rings on when the fins are dry and glue with yellow glue. make fillets on fins to motor tube/rings.
Put the/a kevlar shock cord to the outside of the motor tube in a larrit loop, glue and cover with duct tape of the outside of the motor tube near the top.
Slip the first body tube of the rocket over this finished fin can till it butts the fins. mark each fins spot on the body tube.
Take tube off, and cut slots the length of the fins in the body tube with an xacto knife guided by a angle aluminum you get from lowes for $2. this sounds hard. it's not, very easy and takes about 5-7 mins for all the fin slots.
Make little cuts at a time, say 10 or so lite pressure cuts per slot side gently, rather then hard deep cuts that will cause you to make mistakes easy.
with slots done, slide tube down and attach to fin can. add the rest of your body tubes after fin can all dry.
Go fly with a Larger G, H or I 29mm motor.
Watch for trees !
On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 00:10:10 -0400, "Angelo Castellano

You migh also have problems with higher q causing instablility in flexible rockets. You might require more static margin at higher q.
Alan

Humm. Not sure on this,
sounds like an experiment !
Hi static margin super rocs tend to "cone"
low static margin super rocs , like a tiny fined concept98 on an M1400 don't cone.
I've seen similar sized hpr super-rocs on larger fins cone on even L motors.
I am usually wrong, but I think the lower margin super-rocs "cone" less then higher margin super-rocs.
Super-rocs of course mean any long skinny rocket,

Well, I've got my R&D report,

and you can write yours. Please!

Sort of, but bring on those HPR superocs!
Alan
The Sunward Kits get nothnig BUT Good reviews here at Countdown. People love them, I even had one boy scout troop build about 2 dozen CFX 6 footers, they said it went great. Sunward is definatly a line to try. They also just came out with motor mounts including some cluster mounts. I have everything in our online store www.countdownhobbies.com , check it out. Angelo is doing a good job with Sunward.
Bruce Jones Countdown Hobbies