What Ever Happened to Fill 'n' Finish?

So I went to buy Elmer's Fill 'n' Finish, aka 'Carpenter's Finishing Wood Filler' and couldn't find it at two different Home Improvement type stores.
Has the name of the product changed again? I want to make sure that I don't buy the somewhat similar heavy duty stuff that's too hard to sand. TIA.
---Mick
Elmer's still lists Fill 'N Finish -- Light -- on their website with product numbers E834, E835 and E836 depending on the size container. The graphic on the tub says "Wood Filler".
http://www.elmers.com/product/product_page.asp?pCode 34

How about UPC code numbers from the tubs? Those tend to stay constant even when companies change packaging, and are also consistent from store to store.
The two 4oz containers I have lying around are different labels, but both have code 26000 00837. Hmmm, the last 3 digits look like they might be part of the above sequence.
Alas, I also have several tubs of the WRONG STUFF :-(
Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)! <<< Kaplow Klips & Baffle:    http://nira-rocketry.org/Document/MayJun00.pdf www.encompasserve.org/~kaplow_r/ www.nira-rocketry.org www.nar.org
We have awakened a sleeping giant and instilled in it a terrible resolve. -- Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto, WWII.
Bob Kaplow wrote:

Bob, everybody knows that rocketry requires "The Right Stuff"...
David Erbas-White
On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 16:53:23 -0700, David Erbas-White

Let's not forget Hobbypoxy Stuff.
kaplow snipped-for-privacy@encompasserve.org.mars (Bob Kaplow) wrote:

For 6 grand each, why not?

Now THAT's good marketing!

On 25 Jul 2005 18:02:17 -0500, kaplow snipped-for-privacy@encompasserve.org.mars (Bob Kaplow) wrote:

UPS codes? Shouldn't this be an ROL newsflash. 8-)
Try Wallyworld. They always have it.
--
Joe Michel
NAR 82797 L2

Hmmm...where to start...first it was called Fill'n'Finish, then it was called Finishing Wood Filler, then it reverted back to FNF, and now it has yet another name. Carpenter's FWF sounds right.
As best I can tell, Home Depot has stopped carrying it. I had no luck at WalMart, either. Lowe's still has (had) it. I picked up four 16oz tubs there a while back, but I'm down to one in my unopened stash.
After all that trouble, I contacted Elmers. I was told they're dropping the 16oz tubs and only doing the smaller (4 and 8oz) tubs. While I prefer the 16's, I can live with the 8's, as long as I don't have to hit umpteen stores to find one.
Anyway, take Bruce's lead about the product numbers. No matter what the name, the numbers have stayed the same. (E834, E835 and E836 )
HTH,
Doug

Fill'n'Finish in the 16oz tub was product number E-836.
The new name for the same product is Elmer's Superior Staining Wood Filler Light.
Look for the product number right next to the numbers at the bottom of the UPC symbol.
-- David

Sometimes I hate marketing guys....why the heck do they keep changing the name of the stuff? Its a shame you have to learn to read UPC to buy a product.
<rant> YOU LISTENING ELMERS??????? </rant>
whew, that felt better...
--
David Stribling
NAR 18402 SR
David Stribling wrote:

I would not even rely on that. Packaging changes (size, shape, color scheme, etc.) *often* results in a UPC change as well. And other factors influence this. For example, if Dr. Pepper is handled by Coca Cola in your area, it will have a different UPC# than the Dr. Pepper that is handled by Seven-Up in another area.

--

Greg Heilers
Registered Linux User #328317 - SlackWare 10.1 (2.6.10)