1/96 Texas--which paint scheme?

I will be getting a 1/96 Texas (1895) from Battleships.com pretty soon....the question is that I am torn....

Paint it with pre 1898 white and buff, or in warpaint? pre 1898 the Texas was considered an unlucky ship and a bit of an embarrassment to some.

During the war it won honors and respect.

The warpaint version won't be as busy as a lot of detail was put away...and this model is hardly super-detailed.

I am leaning towards warpaint. If I get a 1/96th Maine later I can do that one in buff and white to further show the contrast in the two ships designs.

No, I am not going to paint it in both and let it be one and the same beautiful ship, Mr. Ipkis.

Al

Reply to
old hoodoo