6lbr Galloper Gun - 54mm Hinchliffe metal [Ebay]

6lbr Galloper Gun - 54mm Hinchliffe metal

Type of 18th century artillery piece that was meant to be highly mobile on the battlefield. Could be carried around using one horse. Well detailed metal model.

I think the gun is a 6lbr, but it could be a 3 or 4lbr. Barrel measures

38mm in length, which would make it 48" in length for the actual gun.

Model is being sold "as is." Was found un-boxed and without instructions. I am assuming it is Hinchliffe, but can't be sure. I have yet to find the clamps that secure the barrel to the carriage, but will keep looking. These can easily be fasioned from strips of sheet lead though.

Reply to
Bruce Duty