A Real IPMS Nats Question (Not dog doo)

I think I got lost in the dog turd discussion. I was wondering if a full day is enough time to allow or should I plan more time? Also, I will not bring a bag big enought for the GATO. I think I would have to borrow my friends golf bag carrier for that one. One other question, is there any Pack & Ship options available at the show? Thanks for the help and Happy Thanksgiving to all (:>

Reply to
Count DeMoney

Ron Smith

Not sure about Kansas City 06 but the 05 Atlanta Nat's had a fed ex on site shipping

R> Two days is best. I don't think there are any pack & ship options from

Reply to
masterpiecemodels

Ahhh Grasshopper, smart model hoarder has shipped somewhere SWMBO can't see it delivered then smuggles one kit at a time in.........;)

Reply to
Ron Smith

Hmm, going to try and beat it home so that the chief doesn't see it coming in? :)

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

I usually get my kits posted to work now so she dosen't see the incoming stuff .I work on a an airbase so there is a post office ,which is not connected to the one in town.

Reply to
Kevin(Bluey)

You could do it all in one long day, but if you plan on taking photos for the guys back home forget it. Conservitively I took over 500 photos (out of over 1000 models) for the slide presentation at the club meeting. If it takes you a minute per photo, well do the math. Also, you're looking at at least 50 to 75 vendors. Allow a few minutes per vendor (more or less) and the math speaks for itself. And I'm not even talking about the numerous seminars. Allow two full days.

Rusty White

Reply to
Rusty White

Heh, I mailed a kit to an e-bay buyer's workplace so that he could smuggle it into his house. I never had that sort of experience. I'd buy stuff, keep it in the trunk of the car and then slip it in late at night. Fortunately, I don't have to do that anymore. The crappy sodium streetlights would make it too hard to find the car at night.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Most of the IPMS Nationals that I've attended (10 of the last 12) have a local private shipping/mailing company present at least for the last couple of days of the show. They will not only ship, but will also (for a fee) package your kits. Can be expensive, but nice value for convenience - especially if you are flying.

HTH

Reply to
Kaliste Saloom