A very big plastic tank on the horizon.

is not a typo, that's the correct spelling of the site.

Reply to
Willshak

I've had experience with QinetiQ, who used to be the Defence Evaluation and Research Agency (DERA). Believe me, they couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery!

Don't expect this plastic pank (see! they can't even make a website without cocking it up) to be in service anytime soon. And when (if?) it *does* get into service, don't expect it to work!

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

A team of schoolgirl scientists in Birmingham has developed a heat resistant chocolate so it's posssibly only a matter of time before someone suggests making a tank out of that. This would have the advantage that if the crew run out of food they could always consume a spare track link or two. The introduction of chocolate fireguards cannot be far behind.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Nice in theory, but it won't melt in your mouth...

Reply to
Rufus

Has someone perhaps gone and come up with a plastic bullet by any chance. If that were to be the case then all of that plastic armor should stop them cold , right .... :)

Plastic Tank ...... Yeah Right........ LOL

... Carl ..........

,,

Reply to
cyberborg 4000

Field repair is easy too! Each crewman is supplied with a tube of Squadron Green Putty.

Craig

Reply to
crw59

So it no longer melts in your mouth either?! Tch, tch, tch.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Hershey had heat resistant chocolate thirty years ago. Tasted pretty good, too. I sold piles of the stuff to survivalsts and people putting together survival kits. IIRC they were in the occasional MRE.

A vehicle made from chocolate? Are they really trying that hard to recruit women soldiers? :-)

Oh, and no, it really ddn't melt in your mouth. I always wondered what it dd to your guts.

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

The only thing of interest to Britain's Ministry of Defence is low cost. Everything else is of secondary importance, operational efficiency, saving lives, etc.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Wait'll they start making it in Tijuana! ;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller