Amodel Il-38 May & An-26 Curl

The postman delivered a package yesterday containing the Amodel (Amonster range) Ilyushin Il-38 'May' ASW a/c and the An-26 Curl.

The Il-38 looks great - one-piece fibreglass fuselage and wing (from tip-to-tip. The detail on the fibreglass just gets better and better with each new release in the Amonster series.

The rest of the kit is injection-moulded - with nose section containing a detailed cockpit, engine nacelles, control surfaces etc.

Decals are provided for 2 operational machines - including the machine that visited the RAF Fairford airshow a few years back. This has the 'seagull catching a shark' emblem on the fin and it was in pristine condition at the show. The other choice is a 'plain Jane' machine coded 'Red 16'

The An-26 is all injection-moulded and has a complete interior and ramp

- unlike the Russian Project kit I made 18 months ago;-

Interestingly it has markings for the same machine that I modelled (Red

86) with the unusual camouflage pattern - plus markings for 'Red 40' of the Russian AF, two Polish machines from Krakow-Balice.

I'll take some photos and put them up on my website as soon as I get some time......

I got both kits from Lindenhill Imports :- http://66.226.87.135/ and I must praise their service.

I only ordered it a week ago, Guy posted it last Friday - and it arrived here in the UK yesterday Wednesday 28 April - excellent service!!!

Ken

Reply to
Ken Duffey