This is a misprint right?

Probably not- this sucker is HUGE! Take a look at

- not sure if this is the same kit, but it will give you an idea of what's involved here.

Reply to
Jim Atkins

The Tu-160 on my site (URL above) is a Russian resin kit from a company called Master Club.

The new kit from Amodel is made from fibreglass & injection moulded plastic - although I don't have this new kit (who wants TWO Tu-160's ??).

BTW - the Tupolev Tu-160 Blackjack is the world's largest warplane - and its swing wings are the largest moving parts fitted to ANY aircraft - including the downward moving wingtips on the XB-70.

I have some photos of real Tu-160's at :-

Just click on the appropriate thumbnail.

Merry Christmas

Ken

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Ken Duffey - Flanker Freak & Russian Aviation Enthusiast Flankers Website -
Ken Duffey

great site. saw the Su-17 pic too. looks a lot like the F-105. Another design stolen by Russia?

Reply to
Craig

I just did the arithmetic. I make it somewhere around 751 mm long by 753 mm wide with the wings fully extended! That is eye wateringly big.

Reply to
Roger Demming

dunno, Russia does have some financial problems .... maybe it's not 1:72 but 1:1 ...

jRatz

With a nose intake and swing wings? I don't think so. The Su-17 was a development of the Su-7, which was developed roughly around the same time. The Thud was developed for supersonic tactical nuclear strike and the Fitter-C was built for direct battlefield support. Ken D. probably knows whether they could carry a nuclear weapon or not.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

There was also another Tu-160 announced for this year from Panda (injection moulded) that would be cheaper (I hope), however who knows if it will ever be released.

I'd like to buy the A Model Blackjack, but I don't know if the thing that scares me more is the price or the size :)

Reply to
Yuri

I just thought that the basic wing shape looked similar, as did the end of the fuselage.....

Craig

Reply to
Craig