Magna Models Boeing SAAB B17?

Saw it listed at Hannant's without a pic. Claims it's for the Academy kit. However, the only SAAB B17 I'm aware of is a Helldiver sort of looking a/c & doing a google search only comes up with that same a/c. Is this a situation where Hannant's &/or Magna is screwed up or is that one helluva conversion? :)

Reply to
famvburg

There is a picture now, this is one of the Swedish modified planes. I betcha this is a former configuration of the Shoo Shoo Baby, which has been restored to a great extent, except instead of the aluminum finish, it has been painted olive drab and neutral gray to protect it from the elements...

jim walker

Could they mean a Boeing SB-17 conversion kit? It's an ASR variant. Another alternative is an interned B-17 in Sweden that was converted to a civil airliner with nose mods and lots of fuselage windows.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

It'd be sorta stupid for them to do an SB-17 since Academy makes or made one. I have an SB-29 conversion from someone else for Academy's B-29. Guess it would work on th Airfix kit as well tho.

Reply to
famvburg