Esoteric AJ Savage vacform question

I just picked up one of these on eBay. Unfortunately, the instructions are missing, which is inconvenient. Also, there is no trace of propellors or landing gear, or decals. Now, I know perfectly well that (aside from the instructions) these are things not always included with vacform kits. However, some other kits of the same brand do seem to have all these nifty detail bits, and if one item is missing, more may have gone AWOL. Since the item know to be missing is the instruction sheet, I have no way of knowing how (in)complete the kit is. So, the big question now is: Is there anyone out there with first hand experience with this kit, who can tell me just what is supposed to be included? Better yet, in case the seller can't help me, is there anyone with an instruction sheet I could get a copy of?

Thanks

Rob

Reply to
Rob van Riel

The Savage is a Rareplane kit, not Esoteric unless they re-packaged the original.

I could have sworn that I had one to copy from and send you the instructions, but I don't find it where it should be.

Best of luck in your search.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

in article snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com, Rob van Riel at snipped-for-privacy@mail.com wrote on 8/1/04 18:44:

If it is the RarePlane vac form it should come with white metalprops, spinners, undercarrage, tyers, tailhookand blade antenna. Good luck with it , my Mach 2 Savage is about 5-6 hours from painting.

Reply to
Rory Manton

From a Search for "Savage" on the Hannants website: Aeroclub ABV089 Savage Props and Undercarriage

Xtradecal X02972 North American AJ 2 Savage (2)

134043 AP/501 VAH 7 USS Essex Lt Gull Grey/White; AJ 2P 129185 PB/6 VJ 61 Sea Blue. As supplied with the RAREplanes kit.
Oh, and: Naval Fighters Book NF22 North American AJ Savage 130 pages (although it says AJ-1 on the cover, it does have some coverage of the AJ-2 and AJ-2P

As for instructions, I'll have a look and see if I can dig out my kit.

Jon.

Reply to
Jonathan Stilwell

in article btkhjr$jbo$ snipped-for-privacy@news6.svr.pol.co.uk, Jonathan Stilwell at snipped-for-privacy@teamonster.freeserve.co.uk wrote on 8/1/04 21:21:

Thanks for the link .I didn't think there would be anythinng OUT THERE for a Savage.

Reply to
Rory Manton

A fair assumption; I suspect there are no "After Market" accessories as such, just the bits you should get with the kit anyway, but sold separately. Anyway, I've found, scanned and e-mailed the instructions to Rob; now it's up to him. I just hope his kit came with the canopies.

Jon.

Reply to
Jonathan Stilwell

Airmodel also did a Savage. Mine came with some injected plastic that didn't resemble anything like aircraft parts. My guess is that the modeller was to shape that stuff into whatever was needed.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

I built the Airmodel one a LONG time ago. No injected parts, but the instructions said to use landing gear & props from the Airfix B-25. ISTR it was common for them to suggest Airfix kits for parts. I guess Airmodel never saw any pics or drawings of a Savage with the gear extended & props not turning!

Reply to
famvburg

From what I've found out so far, the Rareplanes kit had the white metal bits and decals. I guess that when they stopped production of the kits, they either declared the remaining stock aftermarket, or kept some production of these parts going to keep the Airmodel and Mach2 (and perhaps Esoteric) kits company.

For which once again my thanks. The canopy was there, plus a spare. All I need to complete the kit has been located, the only question is who is going to pay for it.

Rob

Reply to
Rob van Riel