747

i found the phillipines decal sheet. does anyone have a

1/144 scale 747 to sell?

Get one here:

It has the correct GE engines for Philippine Airlines.

Scott.

Reply to
Scott Garard

once again the knowledge in this group amazes me. thanks, scott, that's the kit and the price is very good.

Have you ever noticed that Americans tend to say seven forty seven, whereas other nationalities (eg Australians) say seven four seven when referring to the Jumbo jet?

Just a bit of trivia.

Tim Brimelow

Reply to
tim brimelow

In addition, all the above are usually not in the aviation field. To those that work/crew them its shorten to four-sevens. I.e. I fly three-sevens, I work on seven-sevens, they retired the two-sevens and replaced them with three-sevens, etc, etc.

Reply to
Longtailedlizard

Reply to
the Legend of LAX

Yes, thats very true amougst, gate agents, ticket agents, reservationist, travel agents. On their computer screens, aircraft are "usually" 3 letter/number codes. So as where a pilot/mechanic/flight attendant crews/works six-sevens or three-sevens, an agent knows via the computer if your booked on a seven-six-three, 763 (767-300) or a seven-three-eight, 738 (737-800).

Reply to
Longtailedlizard